Nowadays, most homeowners are now affected and involved with how much energy they consume in their homes which lead to the dagens strømpriser or the current electricity prices. But then again, only a few really comprehend the particulars of energy usage within the home. There are relatively lots to think through when energy use in the home is on topic.
Firstly, the consumers must be enlightened or educated about the use of energy, how it is computed and eventually billed if they are to create and impose alterations to their rates for energy consumption.
In a nation that is quickly expanding its cognizance on the efficiency of energy, consumers see electricians as experts in terms of energy usage in residential houses as well as products that are energy efficient. It is presumed that electricians are specialists on products and could notify and update their patrons of recent know-how and technology. Nonetheless, consumers should not only rely on electricians but should be responsible enough to learn about energy use and efficiency as well.
Energy Efficiency: Heating And Cooling Systems
As homeowners and consumers of energy, being clever in relation to energy consumption, particularly on the heating and cooling of the home, can keep you comfortable as well as help you save money.
- Make it a point to have your heating system examined and regulated by professional prior to each season that needs heating.
- Furnace filters must be cleaned or replaced often since it can consume less energy if it is clean. When changing your furnace, search for something that is 90% efficient at least.
- If radiators are situated nearby cold outdoor walls, a sheet of aluminum foil could be placed between the wall and the radiator to bounce back heat into the room.
- To save about 20% on heating cost, set up a thermostat that is programmable prior to the heating season. Additionally, when you set up a thermostat that is programmable you could be eligible for a rebate.
- In terms of cooling down your home, there is no need to cool areas that aren’t used. Shut doors and registers to reduce energy costs.
- Purchase an air conditioner that has a superior rating on energy efficiency. The efficiency rating is located on the Energy Guide label. And when installing your air conditioner, make sure that is shaded since position it under direct sunlight would use up more energy.